Sunday, October 9, 2011

Cannon Beach, Seaside, and Astoria


The last trip of Adam's paternity leave was to the Oregon coast.
We had wonderful, foggy, soggy Northwest weather making the coastline more dramatic and beautiful in my opinion.
We stayed two nights in the town of Seaside, but drove south to Cannon Beach to explore.
In Cannon Beach, we walked along the main beach to Haystack rock. It was incredibly windy. I could barely walk a straight line and Adam's hat blew off and went whizzing down the beach so fast he almost didn't catch it.
Here is how Elliott enjoyed the wind:
Sand raced across the beach and whipped our ankles:
We saw many jellyfish washed ashore:
The other wonderful thing we did in Cannon Beach is eat. We ate three delicious crepes at Crepe Neptune, a lovely creperie owned by a young couple
and drank an absolutely heavenly Mayan Chocolate Shake at Chocolate Cafe.
If you are ever in the area, you must get one! We asked tons of questions about their recipe (Alpenrose vanilla ice cream, 70% dark chocolate, Saigon cinnamon, Ancho chili pepper, Chipotle chili pepper) so we can experiment at home.
Back home in Seaside, we took Elliott swimming again by wrapping him in a towel and periodically dipping him into the warm water.
Elliott finds swimming relaxing:
He gets so relaxed he falls asleep:

Here's a cute photo of Elliott's bum :)

5 comments:

The Egg said...

i've always wanted to go to the beach during the colder months!

the egg out west.

Kels H.M. said...

This made my night. I love the face in the second swimming picture is the best face ever.

Clare said...

That looks lovely, so beautiful! The chocolate cafe looks pretty good too ;)
I never thought to wrap bubs in a towel to swim-genius!
What a cute little nudie bum, they always looks so cute and squishable when they are so little! My 2.5yr old loves to run around whenever she gets nude and shakes her bum around yelling out "Noonie bum! Noonie bum!" Cute and funny! :)

A student midwife said...

What a gorgeous trip! I love the photos, and I definitely want to try my hand at the chocolate shake recipe! Thanks!

Gram said...

I love the Pacific northwest,however we never made it to Canon Beach so I enjoyed those photos.

I guess I should tell you that I am Ka,s sister Cenia so you will know who is posting on your blog.