Thursday, September 15, 2011

Seed Stitch Cable Hat


My sister, Briana, had this yarn in her stash (which I inherited) so I decided to use it to knit a hat for our sister, Candice. Candice just started Fall semester, so, I think of this hat as a ‘back to school’ hat :)

I followed this free pattern using Manos del Uruguay wool clasica.

It looked like my yarn was thinner than the yarn suggested and the hat looked longer than I wanted, so I made a few changes: -CO 4 extra stitches, 64 total in rib section -2 additional stitches in the cable section, 14 stitch cable. -cables are 13 rows tall instead of 12; only made two actual cross-overs, the third ‘crossover’ is from decreasing rapidly.

Began decreases in seed stitch as follows: -row 39 (k2tog, p2tog, k1,p1,k1,p1 - repeat) -k1, p1 for 2 rows -p1, k2tog, p1, k2tog for 2 rows -pull yarn through remaining stitches and pull tight.

No comments: