Friday, March 4, 2011

black and white quilt

I've been planning how to best use my new black and white quilt squares I bought at an antique store in Orange, Ca.

Here is my plan:
Using the 8 antique squares and 4 new squares I will make, I'm going to make a queen size quilt for our bed.
There will be 12 b&w quilt squares with a 3" white border between each square, 12" white overhanging panels on all 4 sides, and white backing.
Here are the additional black prints I found at ReproductionFabrics.com I'll use for the 4 new squares. It's going to be hard to find the right white fabric since the antique one is aged and tinted.
I'm going to use a bright yellow binding to add some pop to this almost Amish looking black and white quilt. I might use the yellow flower print (below).
These three prints I fell in love with while looking for the right black prints. The green one in the middle was on sale (yay!) and I think it would make a beautiful blouse or dress for me...or a cute baby bib and baby pants for Pea!
Well, I guess I have another quilt project to keep me busy...

1 comment:

cydney sharp said...

I love it! I absolutely love those colors together and I love the green background for the quilt squares! What a great find...