Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Spring?

I feel like it's spring.
I know it's not, but I feel like it is.
We're on our third day in a row of sunlight, the days are lighter and brighter, I can see mountains in every direction because there are no clouds, AND I've been eating fruit and tomatoes! Plus, I've been walking more because it's not raining and I've been stretching (just weak, 5 minute pregnant yoga stretching - but it's making a difference).

I love the fruits! We haven't been buying fruit very often because nearly every fruit is out of season and expensive, but I decided we should pay the $ and be happy!
My "spring" foods have included:
mango juice and yogurt to make "mango lassi"
kale smoothies (kale, banana, 3 kiwis, 1 orange)
honeydew melon!!!!
fresh apples and bananas all day
oranges and tangerines
tomato-lime salsa (roma tomatoes, onion, cilantro, lots of lime and lemon juice) in corn tacos :)
cracked oats for breakfast
homemade Swiss Muselix (rolled oats soaked in yogurt , orange juice, canned peaches, and frozen raspberries)
Oh, it's all so delicious I can barely stand it. I'm so happy it's "spring"!

No comments: