Saturday, February 5, 2011

breakfast!


smoothie breakfast!
pink - banana, mango juice, apple, kiwi, raspberries
light green - banana, mango juice, apple, kiwi
yellow - banana, mango juice, apple
dark green - 2 leaves kale, 1/2 apple, 1 kiwi (so good!)

I didn't make them all separately...I made the kale one then made the "yellow" one, added kiwi to make "light green" and then added raspberries to make "pink."

I received these vintage juice glasses at my bridal shower from a friend in California. I love them - they are one of my favorite gifts (and they are one of the only gifts we have in our apartment, everything else went into storage until we have a house better suited for displaying cute things).

3 comments:

Ann Marie said...

this sounds perfect right about now...going to have to see what's in the fridge.

Rachel Swan said...

yum! i'm going to have to try the kale one - i'm in dire need of some fresh greens and small breakfasts.

Do you have a vitamix or do you use just a regular blender?

Tree Peeps said...

I have a VitaMix. For these smoothies a regular blender should be fine, but I definitely recommend a VitaMix :)