Folks, the winter dye party has come to a close in just under a week since it started :(
I've made short shrift of my mushroom supply, but feel better prepared to know which species (and how many) to collect this summer. Can't wait to see what I find...
So, for my last mushroom dye posting, I got some wild orange colors!
I made one dyebath of Cortinarius semisanguineus (top) and one of Cortinarius uliginosus (bottom), to compare shades.
I was expecting more of a red or pink, but got vivid orange/pink. Almost too vivid :)
Well, here are all my colors from the last week:
One of my most fun weeks in a long time; I was so stimulated and preoccupied with dying. I couldn't wait to get home and make another dyebath, and then I couldn't wait to get up in the morning to check the color!