Friday, August 13, 2010

Bachelor's Button


As you may recall from this post, I have a collection of vintage handiwork magazines.
I want to spotlight one, "Edgings" from 1941, that I find particularly wonderful. It is full of knit and crochet lace edging patterns. Each one is inspired by and named after a plant or flower!
I am considering posting the pattern to several of the best ones.
Here is the Batchelor's Button:

I made a sample swatch of this edging in red (using 'fine' crochet thread with size 10 hook) and found it beautiful. I can't wait to find the perfect garment for this trim.....
Let me know if you make a swatch, I would love to see how it turns out and how you use it.

1 comment:

Kate said...

Trying to follow the pattern but Im getting lost with the cross pattern. I can get as far as making 2 circles and then get confused. Would love to make this can you help explain it better. I know its been a while since you posted it but I really want to learn this.